As the handling differs from other Accu-Chek insulin pump systems, we would like to draw your particular attention to the following:
Please ensure the following:
- Always check the cartridge, including the rubber plunger at the bottom of the cartridge. Do not use it if any damage or leakage is seen or if the rubber plunger has been drawn above the white label band at the bottom of the cartridge. This could be a result of leakage of insulin. If you suspect the cartridge is damaged, take it back to your supplier. Do not use the insulin cartridge if the cartridge or the pump containing the cartridge is dropped, damaged or crushed.
- Always hold the pump in an upright position when inserting the new cartridge as shown in the attached training chart.
- Every time you change your cartridge, you should also change your adapter and tube.
- Place a new adapter on the bayonet socket of the cartridge compartment. Make sure you insert the nose of the adapter into the notches of the pump’s housing at a right angle (90°). Otherwise the needle located in the nose of the adapter could bend and lead to leakage of insulin into the cartridge compartment.
- Turn the adapter clockwise all the way until it stops. The adapter is correctly positioned when it is aligned with the pump’s housing.
The enhanced instructions provided with this letter aim to support you in the correct, reliable and satisfactory use of your Accu-Chek Insight insulin pump system.